Merry Christmas (Eve), Modern Filipinas! We’re sure you’re super busy right now catching up with loved ones or preparing for Noche Buena. It seems like there’s a bazillion things to do before 12 midnight, and we can’t believe it’s only a couple of hours away! Here are 10 songs to get you into the holiday spirit (even if you’re already neck-deep into the holiday rush!):
1. “Santa Tell Me” by Ariana Grande
Start your playlist with thus bubbly pop song that will surely give you LSS all through the night.
2. “8 Days of Christmas” by Destiny’s Child
This throwback tune will never get old.
3. “Oh Santa!” by Mariah Carey
Tired of hearing “All I want for Christmas is You”? Go for this more perky alternative.
4. “My Only Wish (This Year)” by Britney Spears
This is one tune you just have to listen to because, hello, you just got to have Britney in every playlist.
5. “Mistletoe” by Justin Bieber
Admit it: 2015 is the year we all became Beliebers. This single isn’t from Purpose (his latest album, and his best work to date), so you can just listen to “Love Yourself” right after.
6. “Carol of the Bells” by Pentatonix
This jaw-dropping a cappela arrangement should be a holiday staple.
7. “Baby It’s Cold Outside” by Idina Menzel and Michael Bublé
Well, not exactly, but we still love this song just the same. Plus, this video is 100 percent adorable!
8. “Mary Did You Know” by Jordan Smith
We totally love this soulful melody from Jordan Smith from the The Voice US. This tindig-balahibo performance surely takes us back to the reason for this season.
9. “Someday at Christmas” by Stevie Wonder and Andra Day
We totally love Stevie Wonder’s take on this Christmas classic.
10. “Christmas Lights” by Coldplay
Wind down with this holiday melody, as you reflect on the year that was.
What's Your Reaction?
Myra is a writer and an editor. She has penned speeches, magazine articles, educational materials, and online content. She enjoys traveling, doodling, taking photos, and laughing to "Friends" reruns.