Looking for a fun way to spend your weekend? Here’s a tip: take a low-cost trip to the United Kingdom via the GREAT British Festival in Bonifacio High Street. From February 27 to March 1, you can indulge your fascination with all things Brit through the various stalls and attractions livening up the grassy central stretch of the high street.
Start your journey at Eleventh Avenue outside Fully Booked and walk through the Sports booths on your way to the UK in Miniature, where you can take your photos with iconic landmarks such as the Buckingham Palace, Stonehenge, and even the Tardis. Those interested in studying in the UK should definitely drop by the Education Pavilion for advice on scholarships and school options. Then it’s photo op time again at the Autoshow along Ninth Avenue.
Learn about British urban planning and engineering at the Cities of the Future exhibit before discovering special travel opportunities and visa application procedures at the Tourism Booth. Indulge your urge to shop at pop-up booths like Debenhams, Cath Kidston, and Lee Cooper at the Retail Avenue.
Of course, the celebration wouldn’t be complete without cool events. Enjoy refreshments from the Food and Drink Festival as you watch Harry Potter, James Bond, and Sherlock and listen to good music at the activity area in Bonifacio High Street Central. See the list of activities for the final day below:
Sunday, March 1
1 – 1:30 PM British Cuisine Cooking Show by Unilever
2:30 – 4:30 PM British School Manila presentation
5 – 7 PM Sherlock
7 – 9 PM Festival Finale
If you’re looking for another reason to visit, there’s an ongoing raffle that might just win you one of many awesome prizes! Collect stamps from each of the festival zones for the chance to score roundtrip tickets to the UK from Etihad Airways, One Direction tickets, and more.
We were there for the festival’s opening yesterday and found a lot of attractions to marvel at. Here are five scenes from the GREAT British Festival:
1. Filipino-British football players Phil and James Younghusband joined British Ambassador Asif Ahmad in officially opening the festival.
2. Miniatures of well-known British landmarks and icon invite visitors to line up for a photo op or two.
3. The elegant cars on display care of Morgan Motors, MINI, Jaguar, and Land Rover inspire automobile lust.
4. The Cities of the Future exhibit showcases the planning, engineering, and innovations that make the UK one of the world’s powerhouses.
5. Al-fresco shopping is made cooler by fashionable brands including Lee Cooper, Cath Kidston, TM Lewin, Pepe Jeans London, and Debenhams.
What's Your Reaction?
Marian is an interior designer turned freelance writer who loves exploring the world on her feet and through her Kindle. Her favorite things to write about? Travel, lifestyle, coffee, and happily ever afters.