They say beauty is only skin deep, but there’s something about a way a smile lights up someone’s face that gives people a glimpse at some of the beauty within. Certainly, the celebrities at the always fun Golden Globe Awards proved that on Sunday night. Even though they were dressed to the nines, it was the spirit of fun that had them looking lovely and years younger in the official pics.
Just take a look at these photos from the Golden Globes’ official Instagram feed, if you don’t believe us!
1. Kerry Washington was pretty in pink!
2. Downton Abbey‘s Joanne Fraggott’s dress seemed made for the wall of golden tinsel.
Joanne Fraggott — Best Supporting Actress in a Series, Mini-Series, or TV Movie, “Downton Abbey” #goldenglobes (Photo by: @ellenvonunwerth) Golden Globes（@goldenglobes）張貼的相片 於 張貼
3. Jane the Virgin star Gina Rodriguez was absolutely luminous with joy.
4. Boyhood‘s Patricia Arquette was gracious (and gorgeous) as always.
Patricia Arquette — Best Supporting Actress in a Motion Picture, “Boyhood” #goldenglobes (Photo by @ellenvonunwerth) A photo posted by Golden Globes (@goldenglobes) on
5. Kate Beckinsale played the cool, casual card.
6. The Honorable Woman‘s Maggie Gyllenhaal got the gold and a smile—she didn’t need anything else!
Maggie Gyllenhaal — Best Actress in a TV Mini-Series or Movie, “The Honorable Woman” #goldenglobes (Photo by @ellenvonunwerth) A photo posted by Golden Globes (@goldenglobes) on
7. The X-Files‘ David Duchovny might have looked grumpy, so it was a good thing Katherine Heigl was there to brighten things up.
8. Lovely ladies—Jane Fonda and Lily Tomlin show everyone how it’s done.
Jane Fonda and Lily Tomlin at the 2015 #goldenglobes (Photo by @ellenvonunwerth) A photo posted by Golden Globes (@goldenglobes) on
9. Katie Holmes might not be smiling in this photo, but you can tell she wants to!
10. Salma Hayek is always gorgeous, but never more so when she’s goofing off.
Find more photos from the show via the official Instagram account run by the Hollywood Foreign Press Association (HFPA) and the Golden Globe Awards, @goldenglobes. Photos above by Ellen von Unwerth via Instagram.